Culture by Lake Neusiedl
A diverse cultural holiday in the Burgenland
Nature and culture are a key part of any holiday by Lake Neusiedl and can be explored in a variety of ways. Visit cultural events, take a tour of the castles and museums or take a trip to nearby cultural towns.
A cultural holiday in the Burgenland region cannot fail to impress. There is plenty to choose from: the culture of Lake Neusiedl is diverse, exciting and forever changing.
Culture by Lake Neusiedl: music festivals and passion plays
Burgenland ranks as one of the most renowned international event locations - and not just because of its spectacular festivals. Profit from your cultural holiday in Moerbisch and get to see some of the many performances on offer. You can choose from operas, operettas and concerts: culture service
- Opera festivals at the Roman quarry in St. Margarethen
- Operetta festivals on the lake stage in Moerbisch by Lake Neusiedl
- Haydn Festivals in Eisenstadt
- Liszt Festival Raiding
- Passion plays at the Roman quarry in St. Margarethen
- Concert in the Esterházy castle park in Eisenstadt
- Stone theatre in Fertörákos (Hungary) just 3 km from Moerbisch
Sights and culture by Lake Neusiedl
Explore the captivating landscapes around Lake Neusiedl and plan some excursions in the surrounding area:
- Sights in the Burgenland: explore the towns of Rust and Moerbisch!
- Castles: knight’s castle and magnificent estates
- Museums: the history and treasures of the Burgenland
Excursions to neighbouring towns
Take a trip to one of the nearby historical towns during your cultural holiday:
Immerse yourself in the Pannonian pace of life during your cultural holiday in the Burgenland: take a look at our images which reflect the beauty of the landscape and culture on offer by Lake Neusiedl.
The 4-star independent hotel 'Das Schmidt' in Moerbisch is a beautiful holiday home for your cultural holiday in the eastern Burgenland region of Austria. After a busy day of culture around Lake Neusiedl, why not spoil yourself with a trip to the Viteus well-being area followed by a magnificent meal at the hotel’s own restaurant. It goes without saying that some excellent accompanying wines from the hilly Lake Neusiedl region are a must!
Culture by Lake Neusiedl: send a non-binding enquiry to the team at the 'Das Schmidt' hotel now!